Not only can this spiced hummus crush your hunger, but it is also a lean mean fat-burning machine!
Can you believe this easy homemade hummus can be whipped up in just 5 quick minutes?
There are many key ingredients in this spiced hummus that contributes to its fat-burning prowess:
Chickpeas: a high fiber food that helps us to feel full for a longer period of time without consuming a lot of extra calories. It is also high in protein which is weight loss friendly.
Cumin: a warming spice that can increase heat throughout the body and boost metabolism. Cumin health benefits extend beyond weight loss to increasing your energy, strengthening your immune system, and even preventing nighttime bathroom runs!
Coriander: promotes gut healing and digestive health – a key step to optimizing your body’s ability to absorb nutrients.
Red pepper flakes: the capsaicin in red pepper is known to boost metabolism, causing the body to produce extra heat and burn more calories for fuel. Consuming red pepper can also curb your appetite and reduce your hunger.
Garlic: a detoxifying herb that has been used in cultures around the world for thousands of years. The sulfur compounds in garlic may potentially protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity.
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2.5 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced squeezed
- 1/4 cup water or to desired thickness
- Combine all ingredients in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a small dip dish and serve with carrots and celery sticks or other fresh vegetables. It also tastes great with healthy crackers, whole wheat pita chips, baked tortilla chips or vegetable chips.
Make this spiced hummus recipe in batch for parties, picnics, or portion them out as snacks on-the-go to satisfy those late afternoon hunger pangs!
If you enjoyed this recipe and are looking for more fat burning recipes to jump-start your weight loss, sign up and get the FREE 21-Day Slim Down Challenge 3-Day Meal Plan below to get started today!