Welcome! I help busy moms lose weight and stay skinny while eating delicious meals.
I CAN HELP YOU IF…
You’ve already tried all the diets out there and are ready to finally stop and lose weight for the last time
- You are a busy working mom that spends most of your time working and taking care of your growing family that you have little time to spare on taking care of yourself
You want to feel good all the time about yourself and what you’re eating
You never want to feel that guilt and regret after giving in to a sugar binge again
- You want to be an example for your children so they won’t have to go through the same weight struggles you’ve been going through
I struggled with digestive issues and a bulging belly most of my life.
After becoming pregnant and giving birth to a set of twins, my belly stayed looking 6-months pregnant over a year later.
I could not fit into any of my pre-maternity clothes. Shopping was also no longer fun as the bulging belly kept creeping through the mirror even when I tried on clothes 2 sizes bigger.
Kind-hearted New Yorkers continued to get up to offer me their seats when I walked into crowded subway cars because I still looked pregnant…
While I appreciated their kind gesture, I felt down about the way I looked and was determined to make a change.
I started to count calories, avoid carbs and eat small portions – only to find myself feeling too deprived and exhausted all the time that I could hardly keep up with my busy working mom life.
Juggling a demanding career as a software product manager where I worked 9-to-5 during the day plus regular Skype calls at night with my software development team on the other side of the globe, and caring for toddler twins back home, I had little time and energy left to go work out at the gym.
I almost resigned myself to accepting my post-baby body when I remembered my experience with the healing powers of food.
Having worn eyeglasses and contacts for 15+ years since high school, I discovered that I healed my nearsightedness after drinking green smoothies.
I wholeheartedly believed food to be the answer to my weight loss quest and started my research.
What I stumbled upon was an amazing world of spices, herbs, and nutrient-rich foods that turned the conventional wisdom on weight loss upside down!
I ate simple, flavorful meals and lost 10 pounds in the first month, and a total of 28 pounds in the six months that followed.
My before & after
I trimmed my post-twin pregnancy belly by 9 inches without a single sit-up!
People no longer get up for me when I enter crowded subway cars.
I have more energy to keep up with my young twins.
And it wasn’t just me either! My friend saw my body transformation and asked what I was doing, so I shared what I did and she dropped 50 pounds over a period of 8 months!
In the process, she reduced her thigh chafing, knee pain, and unwanted fatigue.
That’s my story. Now it’s YOUR TURN.
What if you could lose weight effortlessly eating flavorful, satisfying food, and get off that hamster wheel of yo-yo dieting FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
WHY I’M HERE…
I’m Joanna Wen and these are my little ones that inspired Spices & Greens!
I’m a certified online weight loss coach based in New York City.
A graduate of Cornell University with a Bachelors of Science degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering, I enjoy hacking my own health using food as medicine.
Here are some of my results from food hacks that’ve surprised even my doctors:
- lost 28 pounds and trimmed 9 inches off my waist without exercising and without dieting.
- carried my twins to full-term with above-average birth weights on my petite 5-feet tall frame at age 40.
- healed my nearsightedness after wearing eye contacts or eyeglasses every day since high school in my mid 30s.
- weaned off high blood pressure medication naturally despite strong genetic predispositions at age 30.
- healed my uterine fibroid without invasive surgery.
It’s my passion to “troubleshoot” health issues for family and friends, and experimenting with ways to create tasty foods as medicine in my kitchen lab!
It’s YOUR TURN to take control of your health so that you can free your brain from that constant food chatter, and eat and live life the way you want!
- I have many certifications from my IT career on various tools from Microsoft, project management and product management. The one I’m most proud of though, is my scuba diving certification! I overcame my fear of water to earn it.
- I grew up well-versed in Transformers (my favorite: Bumblebee) and GI Joes rather than ponies, as I shared one TV with two brothers. I now enjoy learning all about My Little Pony from my daughter.
- My family moved often when I was young, and I attended 3 different schools in six-grade alone.
- My first job out of college, I worked for a company whose name is pronounced exactly like the boy band *NYSYNC that happened to take off around the same time – it made for some interesting ice breakers.
- I’ve been a chronic nail biter for 30+ years and recently mastered the mind hack to overcome this uncontrollable habit (without relying on willpower)!
MY GIFT TO YOU
Grab your FREE 5-Minute Recipe to lose 3 pounds this week!