Chocolate chia pudding is a favorite snack in my household these days. In the summer, I enjoy adding mint to my drink and food recipes as it adds a cooling dimension to the taste. This Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding is not only a healthy, delicious snack, but can also help to curb your cravings and weight!
Eating healthy to lose weight doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of decadent chocolaty snacks! There are only five ingredients to this Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding, and it’s super easy and quick to whip up!
Chia seeds are an excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids, and their high protein and fiber content can help you lose weight.
Cacao is a superfood filled with antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and zinc to help boost your energy and immune system. It also stimulates your serotonin production in the brain to help regulate your mood and suppress your appetite, so you consume fewer calories in the long run.
Peppermint is a natural appetite suppressant and a study in 2008 from Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia concluded that participants exposed on a consistent basis to peppermint consumed about 2,800 fewer calories per week than those who were not. And peppermint is effective whether ingested or inhaled!
This Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding is an easy, quick and healthy snack of choice to curb your cravings and keep you feeling full!
Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or until it reaches a pudding-like consistency(at least 3 hours).
- Serve chilled with your favorite toppings, such as fruit or mint leaves.