With the chilly autumn here and winter not far around the corner, my cravings for a warm and rich drink are at an all time high. Lattes and hot cocoas are my go-to winter drinks to warm my insides when it's freezing outside.
Why not spice up your mocha latte to rev up your metabolism and health? Turmeric health benefits ranges from weight loss to reduced symptoms of PMS, uterine fibroid and eczema. It also adds a subtle warming kick to this mocha latte, even though I'm not a big fan of its taste.
You don't need to feel guilty about breaking the bank purchasing expensive lattes when you can easily make this at home with a stovetop espresso maker and ingredients that may already be in your pantry!
TURMERIC MOCHA LATTE
- 1/3 cup fresh brewed dark roast espresso coffee
- 2/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper (to boost absorption of curcumin in turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Combine turmeric, cinnamon, cacao powder, black pepper and maple syrup in bottom of coffee cup.
- Add brewed espresso into cup. Stir to combine with spices/syrup combination.
- Steam/froth milk, gently stir into espresso.
What are your favorite drinks to warm up in this late autumn weather?
Enjoy these recipes? Subscribe below to get more healthy eating tips and recipes.